Shaving is a part of most men’s daily grooming routine. But although most shave regularly, not all of them invest in the proper shaving products. In some cases, their shaving kit would only include a razor and a shaving cream. This may be practical and less costly for them but if they want to have that perfect shave every time, maintain healthy skin and prevent skin irritations associated with regular shaving, then they need to invest in a few shaving essentials. Apart from knowing the proper shaving technique, here are some shaving essentials that should be in their shaving kit:
· Razor – Using a quality razor is important because it will not only give you a close shave but will also make shaving easier and faster. A dull razor does not only make you prone to nicks and cuts but it also makes the whole shaving process longer because you may need to repeat the process several times before you get the clean and close shave that you prefer. A quality razor may cost more than disposable ones but it is a good investment because it lasts longer and offers better results.
· Shaving cream – It helps reduce the friction between the blades of the razor and the skin. It helps in the lubrication and makes the razor glide softly on the skin as you shave. You can also use a shaving brush which helps moisten the cream and helps spread it around the area where you intend to shave. An alternative to cream is a shaving gel which can also be found in most stores.
· Facial Wash – The use of facial wash is important because it cleanses the skin and removes the grime or oil. It helps prepare the skin for a smoother shave.
· Aftershave – The antiseptic agents that most aftershaves contain help prevent infection especially when there are nicks and cuts. The cut in the skin can be infected if an antiseptic is not applied. There are aftershaves that contain natural oils and ingredients that are suitable for those who have sensitive skin.
· Moisturizer – Some men not pay much attention to putting on moisturizers because they think that it is unnecessary. They couldn’t be more wrong. A moisturizer provides the hydration that the skin needs especially after shaving. They also help keep the skin supple and help prepare the face for the next shave.
Shaving is an important part of any man’s grooming routine and having the right tools can help one achieve that perfect shave that does not only make them look appealing but also help keep their skin healthy.
*This is a sponsored post however, all the points and views are my own.
Image courtesy of Sira Anamwong at FreeDigitalPhotos.net